Millions of people worldwide are diagnosed with diabetes, with approximately 95 percent of these individuals having type 2 diabetes. It a serious illness, usually hereditary, that occurs when the body does not produce enough insulin. Insulin enables glucose into the cells of the body, which does not happen with diabetes. For individuals who battle this illness, it is essentially to maintain their health with the best glucose monitoring system. There are several good ways to naturally keep your diabetes in check as well that should be explored:
• Consuming a healthy diet is best for anyone’s health but will prove to be a must for individuals with diabetes. Make sure to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables and foods that contain omega-3 fatty acids. Carbohydrates and sugars should be avoided, as should any vegetables that grow underground, such as potatoes. Avoid consuming saturated fats as well. Onion and garlic should be eaten as often as possible as these foods have elements that can significantly lower blood sugar. Red meat should be consumed very minimally as it can actually aggravate your condition.
• Bitter melon is a great natural cure for diabetes. One of the best natural methods for keeping your condition in check is to grind one of these fruits every morning and make juice from it. A blender works wonders for this. Drink the juice on a daily basis. Any type of fruit that is especially bitter in taste will work well for this tip.
• Exercise is absolutely essential for everyone but will definitely benefit you when you have diabetes. Keeping active will help to control the disease and increase your health overall. You can choose from a variety of exercise routines, from simply walking to swimming or even working out with weights. However, before you begin any exercise regimen, always make sure to consult with your doctor to make sure it is safe.
• Certain vitamins and supplements can help you to control your diabetes. These include zinc, magnesium and vitamin E. Herbs such as ginseng, cinnamon, dandelion root and Ginkgo biloba can help as they contain certain elements that improve your health and blood flow.
• When you have diabetes, you should absolutely not smoke. Smoking is harmful to anyone, but it can have very serious adverse effects on a person with diabetes as it can lead to kidney problems, including malfunction of these vital organs. Smoking can also increase your risk of stroke or heart attack, which further compromises your health.
Following all of these natural remedies will help to keep your diabetes in check and will benefit your health in general. Of course, you should also have a good amount of sleep daily and maintain a healthy weight when you have diabetes. With the proper care, you may even be able to reverse your situation and cure yourself.
Originally posted on May 26, 2012 @ 10:03 pm