Organic health products that contain little or no chemicals are already the trend. There has been a sharp increase in natural cosmetic products for some years now. But with the so many labels on skin care products, it is sometimes difficult to determine whether this one is really natural or if that one is truly organic. A wise consumer will always read the label. But it is not enough. You should also understand what the label means when browsing natural skin care products on your next shopping trip.
Natural skin care products become “natural” because they were made without, or only with little processing. They are also classed as natural if these did not use any chemicals or synthetic ingredients.
What about the “all-organic” tag? A product is truly organic if it has the USDA certified organic label. A certified organic skin care product must use at least 95% organic ingredients. The remaining 5% must be at least natural. No synthetic chemical or ingredients should be used.
Certifying agencies, like USDA, truly make the consumers’ choosing easier. Without them, there will be no easier, faster, and better way to ensure ourselves that what we are using are healthy, natural skin care products.
DIY skin care might have been the trend, instead. But, can you handle the mess? Maybe it is not the better choice if you can just use ready-made products with the same natural guarantee.
Originally posted on June 20, 2011 @ 2:59 pm